Some Defensive Income Strategies For Stressful Times
By MyPlanIQ:We have been looking for ideas for investments in these very turbulent waters. We have recently reviewed Following the Fed, Best of Bonds and we always keep in mind the uncanny permanent portfolio. In this article we compare the three different approaches to see what they have delivered using simulated results.
The simple version:
- 25% in U.S. stocks
- 25% in long-term U.S. Treasury.
- 25% in cash in order
- 25% in gold
- Gold 20% (GLD)
- Silver 5% (SLV)
- Swiss Franc Assets 10% (FXF)
- U.S. and Foreign Real Estate and Natural Resource Stocks 15% (5% IYR, 10% IGE, based on report)
- Aggressive Growth Stocks 15% (VTI)
- U.S. Treasury Bills, Bonds and Other Dollar Assets 35% (5% LQD, 15% TLT, 15% SHY)
Best of Bonds We have previously reported on the best of bond strategy that we first published in November 2010. Out of the seven top bond managersComplete Story »