Raptor Pharmaceuticals: Overlooked And Primed For Rapid Growth
By Jason Boyce:Some quick facts as to why Raptor Pharmaceuticals (RPTP) could be on the verge of attracting increased attention from biotech investors given the upcoming catalysts, strong pipeline, cash position and impressive leadership team.
- Filed NDA for RP103 March 30th 2012 for the treatment of Nephropathic Cystinosis. Filing has also taken place in Europe. Expect FDA decision approximately late September 2012, if the company gets accelerated review.
- Protocol and end points were agreed in advance with the FDA via the SPA process.
- RP103 met the primary end point and there were no serious safety concerns.
- CEO and CSO were co-founders of BioMarin (BMRN).
- RP103 is also being developed for Huntington's disease, a genetic neurodegenerative disease with a phase II ongoing.
- 3 additional compounds also in clinical development.
- Consistent company strategy targeting devastating rare diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The nearest term catalyst is for RP103 a treatment forComplete Story »