Claims that McDonald's uses "pink slime" as meat fillers are making the rounds again on social media. "McDonald's hamburgers are only 15% real beef," reads one widely-shared photo attributed to RawForBeauty.com. "The other 85% is meat filler cleansed with Ammonia which causes stomach and intestinal cancer."
NEW YORK — A woman suspected in the death of an immigrant who was pushed off a New York City subway platform has been ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
Erika Menendez, 31, was arraigned Saturday night on a charge of murder as a hate crime. She had told police she has hated Muslims since Sept. 11 and thought the victim was one. Judge Gia Morris ordered that Menendez be held without bail and be given a mental health exam.
The world's largest cupcake company is crumbling. Crumbs Bake Shop's stock price has plunged to around 27 cents per share from a high of $14 per share in July of 2011. The once-hot bakery catapulted to fame thanks to a cupcake craze that swept across the U.S. in the early 2000s. Shortly after going public in 2011, however, Crumbs began losing money.
Brandon Wade has built a controversial online dating empire based around the concept that it's perfectly OK for people — men, mostly — to pay women for dates and relationships. Wade even believes in bribing women to go out with you.