McDonald's 1 Of 3 Interesting Long-Term Prospects To Reflect On
By Sol Palha:In the learning to fish series, we provide investors with suggested guidelines for choosing a potential candidate and one candidate is selected as our play of choice. We provide reasons for this choice and in doing so hope to impart some understanding to those who are new to the field of dividend investing. The suggested guidelines can be accessed here - "our suggested guidelines when searching for new investment ideas." These are not absolute rules; they are just suggestions and there are always exceptions to the rule. The goal is to try to satisfy as many of them as possible.
Reasons to like McDonald's Corp (MCD):
- A strong levered free cash flow of $3.8 billion
- A strong 5 year dividend growth rate of 20%
- A true divided champion, it has consecutively raised dividends for 35 years
- A great return for the past 5 years of 100%
- Net income increased from