ETF Spotlight: Market Vectors India Small-Cap
By Tom Lydon:
ETF Spotlight on Market Vectors India Small-Cap Index ETF (SCIF), part of a ongoing series. Assets: $56.4 million. Objective: The Market Vectors India Small-Cap Index ETF tries to reflect the performance of the Market Vectors India Small-Cap Index, which is comprised of publicly traded, small-cap companies domiciled in India. Holdings: Top holdings include: Housing Development HDIL 3.9%, Hexaware Technol 3.8%, IFCI LTD 3.7%, Indiabulls Real Estate 2.5% and Punj Lloyd LTD 2.3%. What You Should Know:
- Van Eck Global's Market Vectors ETF division sponsors the fund.
- SCIF has an expense ratio of 0.85%.
- The fund holds 108 securities and the top ten account for 26.5% of the fund's overall portfolio.
- Sector allocations include: financials 21.6%, consumer discretionary 20.7%, industrials 18.9%, materials 13.7%, information technology 10.7%, consumer staples 4.4%, health care 4.2%, energy 3.0%, utilities 2.1% and telecom services 0.7%.
- The ETF has a 12-month yield of 1.33%.
- The fund is