An In-Depth Look At Sirius XM Subscriber Growth
By Crunching Numbers:Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) reported first quarter subscriber growth at a run-rate well ahead of the annual guidance of 1.3 million net additions and, as a result, increased guidance for the year to 1.5 million. Here are some additional details from the Conference Call and the 10Q (all figures are compared to Q4 2011).
- Total Subscribers grew by 404,596 to 22,297,420
- Self-pay Subscribers grew by 299,348 to 18,208,090
- Paid Promotional Subscribers grew by 105,248 to 4,089,330
- Total trials grew from 5.4 million to 5.7 million, an increase of 0.3 million
- Unpaid Trials grew by 0.2 million to 1.6 million
- Self-pay Monthly Churn remained flat at 1.9%
- ARPU increased from $11.61 to $11.77
- Conversion rate increased to 45% from 44%.
The total subscribers, self-pay subscribers, paid promotional subscribers and unpaid trials are all at record levels. Churn has been higher and lower in the past, but is significantly below the company'sComplete Story »