Canadian Banks Shine Amid Tarnished Financial Sector
By Brad Kenagy:With financial stocks being the worst performing sector in 2011, I thought it would be good idea to find financial stocks that would be worth considering in 2012, whether financials continue to underperform or whether they play catch-up with the rest of the market. For my search, I used the free stock screener from finviz.com, and used the following screener settings:
- I selected only stocks in the Financial Sector category.
- Companies with a market capitalization of $2 Billion or greater.
- A Price/Book ratio of less than 2.
- A PEG (Price/Earnings to Growth ratio) of less than 2.
- Positive Return on Assets.
- Positive Return on Equity.
- Positive EPS growth this year.
- Positive EPS growth quarter over quarter.
- Positive Sales growth this year.
- Positive Sales growth quarter over quarter.
- Long Term debt/Equity ratio of less than 1.
- Dividend Yield of greater than 3%.
There are seven companies that matched all the aboveComplete Story »